Sunday 7 December 2014

Hello! Getting Introduced to the HOT and FOSS Community


Hello Everyone,

Firstly, I wish to introduce myself to the Open Source community. My name is Nitika currently pursuing computer engineering from India. My research interests lies in Algorithms, Data Structures, Programming Languages, Web Application development and contributing to open source software.

Being an enthusiast Open Source Software developer, I had applied for the Outreach Program for Women 2014. My happiness knew no bound when the much awaited results of Outreach Program for Women 2014 came out and I was elated to see my name selected for the OpenStreetMap organisation. I have no words to express my happiness for being selected for OPW 2014 internship.

I'm glad to inform you all that I’ll be part of the OpenStreetMap community and will be working on the project Improve the HOT Tasking Manager homepage under the guidance of mentor Pierre Giraud. 

My project is to  improve the current homepage of the HOT Tasking Manager, since it makes other projects (jobs) such that the last / most urgent ones (that often are the same) hide all the rest.


Looking forward to a great period of coding and fun…!!

Stay tuned for more updates...!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment